Resources for Pregnant and Postpartum Families in Oklahoma
- Perinatal Depression and Anxiety Screening - I've put this together based on the main symptoms of perinatal mood and anxiety disorders and Dr. David Burns' assessments. Can apply to both pregnant and postpartum women.
- Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale
- Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (PDF)
Feel Like Yourself Again: A Mom's Guide to Overcoming Postpartum Depression
I've put together a completely FREE guide and 4-day email course with some of my top techniques and tips to help you overcome postpartum depression and anxiety and feel like yourself again. Get the guide straight to your inbox now, and begin your recovery!
- South OKC - Me of course! Thai-An Truong, LPC, LADC
- South OKC - Jill Butler, LMFT
- Edmond - Tara Fritsch, LMFT
- OKC and Norman - Nichole Mentzer, LCSW
- Ardmore - Felicia Hurst, M.S.W
- Tulsa - Rachel Kauffman, LPC
- Website: www.anchoredinhopetherapy.com
- Contact: (918) 296-7746
- Rachel's treatment of perinatal mood and anxiety disorders is informed by the work of Karen Kleinman of the Postpartum Stress Center and by training from Postpartum Support International; accepts Blue Cross Blue Shields, Health Choice, United Healthcare, Multiplan, and private pay.
- FREE counseling for pregnant & postpartum women through the Maternal & Child Heath Department
Therapy Group/Support Groups
- Oklahoma Pregnancy & Postpartum Support - A FREE online Facebook group with local pregnant and postpartum moms.
- This is Motherhood - A FREE support group on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month at the Ardmore Public Library lead by therapist Felicia Hurst, MSW.
- Mindful Mamas - A 6-week mindfulness group for moms lead by Felicia Hurst, MSW. (Ardmore, OK)
- Online PSI Support Meetings - Postpartum online support, little to no cost, pay what you can.
- Calm Waters : Free support groups for infant loss; free grief and divorce groups for children and their caregivers (OKC).
- Moore - Balance Women's Health - Rachel Dalthorp, MD (Psychiatrist)
- Norman - Dr. Patrick Ellis (Psychiatrist)
- Norman and Edmond - Netri (Ri) Teref-Ta APRN-CNM, CNHP, Naturopath
- Contact your psychiatrist, OB-GYN, or primary care physician.
- MotherToBaby - Learn about medication exposures and other exposures from mother to baby while pregnant or breastfeeding from experts in the field. (FREE)
- Phoenix Women's Program at Cedar Ridge - Bethany
- Website: www.cedarridgebhs.com/phoenix-womens-program
- Contact: (405) 792-5362
- If you are suicidal, experiencing manic symptoms (rapid speech, not sleeping for over 48 hours, impulsive behavior, religious fixation, etc.) or psychotic symptoms (hearing or seeing things others aren't, having bizarre beliefs/delusions), it will be important to get inpatient treatment. While Cedar Ridge does not have a good reputation in general if you look up their reviews, I was impressed with this program. I really liked that it was an all women's unit, is more focused on therapy and less on "drugging up" the patients, and has a longer average stay than most adult units in the state. I also appreciated how it will accommodate a breastfeeding postpartum mom with more frequent daily visits with her baby.
Residential Treatment for Chemical Dependency and Addiction for Women
- Jordan's Crossing - South OKC
- Website: http://www.red-rock.com/residential.php
- Contact: (405) 604-9644
- This program is completely free, so there is often a waiting list. Pregnant and postpartum women get priority for admission into the program. Dependent children can stay with mom in the facility as well. This is an all women's program and can be life saving for moms and their children.
Doulas - OKC Metro Birth Professionals
- Birth & Postpartum Doula - Amy Pomerantz a.k.a. "the baby whisperer"
- Birth Doula - Crystal Wright
- Birth Doula - Melissa Hall
- Plancenta Encapsulation - Krista Montufar
- Heather Wasuta, IBCLC - In-home lactation consultation and gentle sleep training with Heather and her "boobie magic"
- Breastfeeding Hotline: 1-877-271-MILK (6455)
- Dr. Bailey Coleman, DDS -Tongue tie and lip tie assessment and correction
- Dr. Jill Delong
Birth and Family Photography
- Mary Morrow from ToMorrow's Memories Photography
Fitness & Exercise Groups
- Guided Childbirth - Stephanie Simmons
- Website: https://www.guidedchildbirth.com/pregnancy-exercise
- Facebook Page
- Contact: (405) 782-5222
- Stephanie has awesome exercise groups specifically geared toward pregnant and postpartum women to "build strong & confident moms!"
Free Pregnancy & Parenting Education and Support
- Parent PRO
- Dr. Kat - Mom and Mind
- A podcast dedicated to maternal mental health, shedding stigma with personal postpartum stories, and resources.
- Dr. David Burns - Feeling Good
- An awesome podcast for therapists and the general public alike on TEAM-CBT, an effective and innovative treatment approach for depression and anxiety.
Great Self-Help Books